- Kind and gentle 'hands off' method that teaches dogs to think and
- A reward based program that is fun for both the dog and the owner.
- Clicker Training is based on the principals of 'Operant
- The Clicker is a small plastic box* with a metal tongue that makes
a sharp double click sound. (*Other objects or items that make clicking
sounds can be used - see Clickers)
- The sound is made to mark the precise behaviour you are looking for.
- After the click, a food reward (primary reinforcer)
is given to the dog.
- The clicker becomes a 'conditioned reinforcer' associated
with a reward.
- The dog will learn to repeat behaviour that has been marked by a click